Come and visit the Interactive Museum at 'Fábrica do Chocolate'!
Occupying the entire basement of the building, with a total area of 500 m2, the Museum is divided into 5 distinct areas, interconnected and arranged in circuit, in order to provide the visitor a trip through the origins, productive cycle of cocoa and chocolate, as well as their history.
The Museum stands out as a space that offers a set of elements and interpretative solutions, with a strong technological component and multimedia tools enabling an immersive and interactive learning and entertainment experience dedicated to cocoa and chocolate.
If you are looking for a different, educational and fun place to bring your students, eureka. You found it!
The Interactive Museum of 'Fábrica do Chocolate' is an excellent opportunity for students to spend a morning or afternoon learning many new things without realizing it, because of the fun they will be having!
The contents of the Museum are designed for children and adults, being interesting and timely at any age and educational level. The topics covered throughout the circuit of the visit are diverse:
- The sciences of nature because we speak of cocoa, fruit and plant and the conditions in which it is born and flourishes
- The geography, because it addresses the geographical regions where cacao grows and where it is native
- The more remote and more recent history as the visitor gets to know details about the first civilizations (Mayas, Aztecs and Olmecs) that valued the cocoa either as food or as a bargaining chip. A 3D film focuses on the time in history when Hernan Cortez, Spanish navigator brings cocoa to Europe for further diffusion
- The new technologies since the Museum circuit is a real interactive journey using cutting-edge technologies. From the 3D experience to the multiplicity of interactive screens with educational games and a small sized chocolate factory
- The nutrition, as the nutritional values associated with various products derived from cocoa and chocolate are evaluated, in order to encourage responsible consumption of the "food of the Gods"
- The social responsibility since the problems of cocoa-producing communities are highlighted with regard to the working and living conditions of their inhabitants
...and much more. The visit to the 'Fábrica do Chocolate', in addition to being truly multidisciplinary
, is also unforgettable
and a "bit of a sweet tooth"!
|The Museum is open daily between 10H00-18H00.
Last entry of the day takes place at 17h00.
- Visits (no prior marking required- entrance subject to the maximum capacity of the Museum);
* Schedules may be subject to point changes.
* Admission subject to maximum capacity of the Museum - during the hours of the guided tours there are no free visits.
- 4-12 years old:5,00€
- 13-64 years old:6,00€
- +65 years old:5.00€
Children up to 3 years: Free
- Children under 12 years of age must be accompanied by an adult at all times
- Bags and packages must be deposited in the cloakroom
- No eating or drinking is allowed inside the Museum
- No animals are allowed in the Museum, except guide-dogs
- For private, non-commercial purposes, visitors are permitted to take photographs and video using point-and-shoot cameras, phones, and handheld video equipment only. For commercial or private purposes, authorisation must be requested. Any request for authorisation in this regard must be submitted in advance
- Prams or strollers are allowed